You feel hopeless, isolated, and not like your usual self.
Do these thoughts often enter your mind?
- I’m worthless and can’t do anything about it.
- I feel guilty for wanting to eat, sleep and be alone.
- I hate who I am these days.
- The crying doesn’t stop, which makes me want to stay away from others.
- I feel gut-wrenching pain, but no one understands.
- My life and the world around me are dark. I hate it, but I can’t change it.
Symptoms of Depression Include:
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness, or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability, or frustration. Even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies, or sports
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Tiredness and lack of energy. Even small tasks take extra effort
- Reduced appetite, weight loss, or increased cravings for food and weight gain
- Anxiety, agitation, or restlessness
- Slowed thinking, speaking, or body movements
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or self-blame
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions, and remembering things
- Frequent or recurrent thoughts of trauma, death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, or suicide
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
Our Approach to Depression Treatment in Orlando, FL:
We believe that everyone needs a safe space to process. Thus, we will get to know you first. This includes our experiences, current stressors, and beliefs. Together, we will develop goals for decreasing feelings of depression. It’s important to understand you first to help. We will strive to make this as comfortable of a space as possible. We provide empathetic, judgment-free therapy. Our team understands that you are doing your best with what you have.
Over time, we will continue to work with you based on your timing. A depression therapist can give you the resources to cope with sadness and isolation. You know yourself best. So, when you feel that you have made the most progress and are ready to end therapy, you decide that too.
“How will I feel after therapy?”
Some sessions you may ugly cry (that’s ok, I won’t tell! Get this Kleenex if needed!) and we will also laugh, as laughter is good for the soul. Some sessions will be harder than others. We are going to be talking about the difficult parts of life. But, the goal is to discuss it in the open so you may process, heal, and then grow. We don’t want you to stay back there, we want you to heal.
Depression Treatment Can Provide the Support You Deserve
If you have had any variation of these thoughts and don’t feel like yourself, chances are you may be suffering from depression.
If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of depression, take one step further and reach out to an online therapist at Exhale Counseling Center. We are here to help. Our job is not to label you; our job is to hear you, understand what happened to you, and meet you where you are to heal. It may seem as though the place you are in now will last forever but it will not. Your decision to make it this far shows that you are looking for a way out and guess what? One step forward is still a step towards a different tomorrow.
Whether your feelings of sadness stems from broken relationships, loss of someone or something, or a mask that you hide behind that your friends and family would never guess. We are here to listen, to empathize, to meet you where you are, and to help.